Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Blogger Tag: Five Things You Don't Know About Me

Alexa tagged me, so here are the eponymous tidbits:
  1. I have -- and still fly -- a 21-year-old Estes model of the Space Shuttle. (This was written about the DC-3, but is appropriate here. We like to think our 31-year-old airplane is a little more scrupulously maintained than "chewing gum, baling wire and string", however.)
  2. Although I'm a pilot, ride chairlifts every week during the winter, and am a Ski Patrol chairlift evacuation instructor, I am acrophobic.
  3. I showed up one semester at Indiana University determined to clean out my dorm room and drop out for a year, but my suitemate talked me out of it in one passionate hour. Never saw the man again after moving out of the dorm the following year. But I owe you, Randy Broadus.
  4. I proposed to my wife while she was wringing out her wet socks. (Long story, but it was on a backpacking trip in the Great Smoky Mountains and we had just crossed a river. Couldn't cork it in any longer.)
  5. I gave PJ Saine his first photography lessons. What he made of them was all his, so I take no credit. But I did give him that first exposure (heh).

OK, Stan, you're it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home