Thursday, October 16, 2008

And He's Funny, Too!

At the traditional Al Smith Dinner tonight, McCain and Obama got some good zings in on each other, but in a much funnier, much more respectful tone than the one we've grown used to. Obama, for example, closed with:

I want to especially say a word of thanks to Senator McCain, we're in the middle of a tough battle right now; American politics at the presidential level is always tough. But I've said before, and I think it bears repeating, that there are very few of us who have served this country with the same honor and dedication and distinction as Senator McCain, and I'm honored to be sharing the stage with him tonight.


But before that, we had some hilarious moments like:

Contrary to the rumors you may have heard, I was not born in a manger [laughter]. I was actually born on Krypton, and sent here by my father Jor-El to save the planet Earth.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home